On this page you will find a repository of audio files from the teachings, workshops and other events that we conduct at ASC. The page is laid out in chronological order, with newer teachings at the top and older teachings as you scroll down.
You can download the files to your device (right click, “save link as”) or play them directly off the website.
Experiments with Wisdom Workshop – The Buddha’s Four Applications of Mindfulness with Douglas VeenhofTaught on 15th, 16th and 17th August 2014
The teachings in this workshop cover the Four Applications of Mindfulness, the empirical science, or Vipashyana – the Buddha’s innovative antidote to our misconceptions about the mind and the world it perceives.
Friday, 15th August
Saturday, 16th August
- Session 2, Part 1
- Session 2, Part 2
- Session 3
- Session 4, Part 1
- Session 4, Part 2
- Session 5, Part 1
- Session 5, Part 2
Sunday, 17th August
Shamatha Retreat with Douglas Veenhof
Taught from 27th to 30th September 2013
The teachings in this workshop cover the foundations of a Shamatha (single pointed concentration) meditation practice.
- Meditation 1: Becoming Aware of the Normal State of the Mind
- Meditation 2: Balancing Relaxation and Clarity
- Meditation 3: Adding Stability
- Meditation 4: Choosing a More Subtle Object
- Meditation 5: Up on the High Wire
- Meditation 6: Review
- Meditation 7: Taking the Mind as the Object
- Meditation 8: Subjective Responses to Mental Appearances